Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How To Beat Hacker? - You have to think like them

Yes indeed! To beat hacker, You have to think like them. But how to think like hacker? it's interesting topic. Let's read article from Roger Grimes about this. "Whether in an office, a superstore, or an airport, the best IT security pros are always looking for vulnerabilities.
Career advisers often ask me what trait would most help an IT security pro excel. How to beat hacker? - You have to think like them. My answer is always the same: Think like a hacker.

I don't mean in the sense of a black hat hacker who engages in illegal practices, but true computer security pros are always hacking systems, all the time, at least mentally. They have the mind-set to automatically think of ways to break into almost any system they come across. By looking at systems through the eyes of a hacker, you can better identify weaknesses and create defenses. The best antihackers are hackers themselves.

[ Master your security with InfoWorld's interactive Security iGuide. | Stay up to date on the latest security developments with InfoWorld's Security Central newsletter. | Get a dose of daily computer security news by following Roger Grimes on Twitter. ]

"I know I can't help coming up with ways to crack any and all systems in my path. Last week, I was shopping at the local superstore. Just as I was heading out, someone came in with a return, and the antitheft detectors went off. The person returning the item was redirected to the nearby customer service area while I was waved on with an apology. Instantly I thought, How do they know I'm not stealing something? The answer: They didn't know.

My hacker mind went into overdrive. If I was a professional criminal, I could get an accomplice to wait until I was ready to exit the store with my concealed item. The accomplice could hold a security-tagged item out in the open. Just as I try to exit the store, he or she would walk next to the antitheft device. The accomplice wouldn't even have to attempt to exit the store; he or she could just stand by the detector with the item and wave it to the store's security people until they walk away.
By Roger Grimes at www.infoworld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment